Opening an Outlet
Opening any franchise, although it is a safe way of doing business, takes a lot of energy and endurance and has many pros, cons, and obstacles. Make sure that you make an informed decision and consider which type of franchise would suit you. For instance, if you want to join Barcelos in the food industry, are you willing to work long hours? How good are you at inter-personal relationships? Will running a Barcelos outlet suit your finances, energy and character?
If you want to own a fast-food franchise outlet, but cannot decide, then do your homework: visit a few outlets and talk to the staff about their experiences.
Here are a few things to look for in a successful and trustworthy franchise:
- A well-known or recognised brand name and trademark
- A history of proven performance and success
- A good reputation among past and present franchisees
- A period of training for you and initial on-site support
- Ongoing support and mentoring in all areas of the business
- Training of your staff/labourers
- Efforts to ensure low staff turn-overs
- A manual of operations to help you run the business successfully
- Successful marketing campaigns for the franchise
- Concrete plans available for the growth of the franchise.
At Barcelos, we offer each of the above and walk with you step-by-step, starting with the first step of your journey. Firstly, you must decide on the following:
- Can you obtain the necessary finances?
- Are you a service orientated individual who believes in a pro-active approach?
- Are you energetic and willing to work hard?
- Can you work well with most types of people and have excellent interpersonal skills?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to the above questions, then decide which area or town you would like to locate your franchise. Then call us to arrange an interview at the Barcelos Head Office. We will then approve the outlet and assist in negotiations. Upon receiving a portion of your payment, we will sign the contract; give the designs of the building, for which after that, you are responsible for the building, plumbing and electrical. Eight weeks before you open, you pay 60 % of setup costs after which the shop fitting is done and the equipment is installed. You need to complete 2-weeks of training before you may open for business. You pay the final amount at this time. We will give you on-site support for the first ten days. Our field managers provide ongoing support.
This brief is only very basic information about setting up a Barcelos franchise. It will be best, after answering ‘yes’ to above two questions, to contact us for further discussions.